Academic Conference 2023
The ASRG Academic Conference 2023
The Automotive Security Research Group (ASRG) is a non-profit initiative to promote the development of security solutions for automotive products. The ASRG Academic Conference is organized by the academic societies of ASRG as an opportunity for students all around the world to promote their research and share knowledge with peers. Authors are invited to submit original research that demonstrates current research in all areas of Automotive Security.
We are inviting presentations on recent advances in the area of automotive security and privacy including technology, methodologies, use-case demonstrations, challenges, and future directions.
We are inviting submissions in the following categories:
- Full presentations (25 to 35 minutes) are expected to exhibit significant research in relevant areas. Submissions under this category must provide sufficient background of the topic, the problem they are solving or researching, and their contributions to the discipline.
- Workshops and Demos (40 minutes to 2 hours) are expected to engage the audience in interactive dialogue around emerging topics in the research and industry communities. It is favorable to provide a tutorial around a specific focused area, include demonstrations, and allow the audience to participate in related exercises or quizzes. Conference organizers can work with the authors to set these up in alignment with the online format of this conference.
- Short Presentations (10 – 15 minutes) will describe work that is still in progress, such as preliminary results that still need to be matured through further experimentation.
- Pitch Presentations (5 – 10 minutes) provide an opportunity to pitch a novel idea, a suggested solution to a known problem, an interesting new area, or anything else that may provide value to the audience while giving the author a chance to get feedback or connect with potential supporters for their pitched idea.
- Presentation Abstract Submission Deadline: April 30, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: May 12, 2023
- Recording and presentation file submissions [Live Ready]: July 13, 2023
- Live Presentation: July 27, 2023
Topics / Research / Presentations
Automotive Security / Security for Mobility Systems:
Embedded/sensor/analog security and forensics
Forensics and Intrusion Detection System for Automotive (on board/ off board)
Automotive Networks, e.g. CAN bus, Automotive Ethernet etc.
Secure integration of hardware and software systems for automotive
Electric/small/medium/heavy-duty vehicle system security
Secure software/hardware development, e.g., debugging tools, emulators, testbed, digital twins
Autonomous Vehicles / Artificial Intelligence
Secure perception, localization, and planning in autonomous vehicles
Safety/security verification for autonomous driving
Artificial Intelligence applications in Automotive Security
Adversarial Machine Learning attacks against autonomous vehicles
Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) / Intelligent Transportation Systems
Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) security, Edge Computing or MEC
Security/privacy in ITS applications and services e.g. vehicle platooning
Trust management in ITS
Secure development of future mobility infrastructure
Privacy, Compliance and Regulation
Privacy challenges in automotive e.g., driver and passenger privacy
Privacy-preserving data sharing and analysis in automotive
Software Supply chain for Automotive
Compliance with legal, safety, and environmental policies
[Submission Ready] All submissions will be reviewed by the CFS Review Committee.
Notification of acceptance.
Submission of updated and complete Presentation files / pre-recorded video.
- Submissions must have a real name, no aliases.
- Presentations shall be held in English.
- There is no restriction on the template for submissions.
- Disclosure presentations in which the affected companies have not been informed, will not be considered. The reason for this conference is not fame, but to inform.
- Submissions shall be entered by researchers/speakers (no submissions from PR firms/marketing representatives).
- Submissions that highlight new research, tools, vulnerabilities, etc. will be given priority.
- Submissions that include novel or innovative ideas are highly encouraged and will also be given priority.
- Incomplete Submissions will not be considered.
- Individuals may submit more than one proposal, but each proposal must be submitted via a separate submission form.
- Each submission must include detailed biographies of the proposed speaking team.
- Submitters will be contacted directly if Review Board members have any questions about a submission.
- Presentations and videos will be published after the conference, unless the submitter requests specifically not to be published.
- To request work not to be published after the conference must be done at time of submission or per email before the conference. Requests after the conference will not be considered.
Since this conference is international and the worldwide infrastructure and scheduling issues can have an impact on the quality of the presented content at the conference, we require that all presentations be pre-recorded. Presentations can be also live, however a pre-recorded video is still required.
- Videos must be at least HD quality.